What's the point of daddy longlegs?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The purpose when i was a kid was to pull the wings off and watch them trying to flly....I know i shouldn't of but it was all in the purpose of science...:blush:

Obviously didn't affect their numbers though did it...:D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Bored today, are we? :D
Doing some accounts whilst with friends:(
Trying to see how i can save more tax:D
I'm acting as a public service to further everyones education, oh and i'm also off the beer:(

Reaction score
We have a crane fly in our kitchen called fred... but he keeps coming back... even after dying a humane painless death... which is worrying.

Reaction score
I have a spider called Sid! He’s as big as a bloody squid! He eats all the crane flies that get in his way; and even I bow to our Sid. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Talking of big spiders, I've found the best place for some ever :D We live just within the city centre, but to get most places it's possible to follow the canals that go all underneath Manchester. One particular tunnel on the way to the gym is full of giagantic spiders (from a UK perspective anyway ;)). They have massive spiderwebs all the way along the tunnel, and just sit right in the middle of them all day.

I tried to take picture on my phone the other day, but it came out a bit rubbish in the dark!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
itsme said:
I have a spider called Sid! He’s as big as a bloody squid! He eats all the crane flies that get in his way; and even I bow to our Sid. :D

Yep I always like to have a healthy kitchen spider... although mine is usually a regular brown house spider. But don't seem to have one at the moment :(
Got a couple of hunting spiders in the hall, but no house spiders there.
Reckon I should advertise in the "to Rent" section!

Reaction score
Must admit their is a really big spider in the barn where i keep my tractor, never go near it, dont know why as i quiet like spiders?

Ask a Question