What's a good image management program?

I

Industrial One

What's a good program that can do operations including compression on multiple images? I just noticed my new camera folder album exceeded 2GB, which is ridiculous. I've noticed the given resolution of taking a picture with every digital camera is always twice the real resolution less. It's so obviously blurry it looks upscaled. Same thing with 1080p Blu-rays, they all lookupscaled 720p. Pure waste of bandwidth and storage.

So is there a program that can resize all my images to 50% and then apply compression, preferably the compression being customizable. I always go with95 for photos I need perfect and 80 for the rest.

P

(PeteCresswell)

Per Industrial One:
What's a good program that can do operations including compression on multiple images? I just noticed my new camera folder album exceeded 2GB, which is ridiculous. I've noticed the given resolution of taking a picture with every digital camera is always twice the real resolution less. It's so obviously blurry it looks upscaled. Same thing with 1080p Blu-rays, they all look upscaled 720p. Pure waste of bandwidth and storage.

So is there a program that can resize all my images to 50% and then apply compression, preferably the compression being customizable. I always go with 95 for photos I need perfect and 80 for the rest.

I'd check out ThumbsPlus from Cerious Software.

Can't speak to the specifics bc I only use about .02% of it's
capabilities... but it seems to me like it has some pretty
serious functionality.

Ask a Question