Whatever Happened to FrontPage Express?

jim evans

In the past I have suggested friends who are completely new to webpage
making use FrontPage Express to create their first page.

I suggested that to a friend yesterday and we were unable to find it
on his computer. I kept saying, "It has to be here somewhere. It
comes with Internet Explorer." But we never found it.

A google search indicates it no longer comes with IE. Shame!!

I found a few personal websites where it can be downloaded but I don't
know if they have the latest version and I worry a little whether
these unknown sources could contain an ugly.

Does somebody know where I can get a copy of the latest version before
MS stopped releasing it?

jim

Kevin Spencer

If you can find it somewhere, you might as well consider it "the latest
version." It hasn't been included with Windows in at least 5 years.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but you can't make it stink.

Thomas A. Rowe

It is not longer available from Microsoft nor is it supported. It is also not a legal download from
any web site.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

jim evans

It is not longer available from Microsoft nor is it supported. It is also not a legal download from
any web site.

Really. Huh. I remember it being a free program.

jim

Thomas A. Rowe

It is still the property of Microsoft Corporation whether it is/was free, still doesn't give other
the right to distribute it.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
It is still the property of Microsoft Corporation whether it is/was free, still doesn't give other
the right to distribute it.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

"jim evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:37:17 -0500, "Thomas A. Rowe" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>It is not longer available from Microsoft nor is it supported. It is also not a legal download
>>from
>>any web site.

> Really. Huh. I remember it being a free program.
>
> jim

Huge stone is lying on a patch of land. Does not use it, nor lets others use that patch of land. Yet some people come, move the stone and use it.

Last edited: