What mod would you like to see?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After reading the computer in a mini-fridge thread, I wondered which other strange mods you would all like to see?

I'd be quite tempted to build something involving some unique ideas if anyone has some, and then make it a project log in the forums.

Any crazy ideas :D ?

Reaction score
Hah I got to thinking about that too.... basically in my opinion, anything at this point can be modded. I was going to build a pc inside of a sub woofer box.

Basically take one of those huge wooden boxes, an old very small monitor and some components and build a subwoofer Box with 2 12" speakers, and a built in mp3, cd player.

Entire idea came to a halt...... Speakers work with sound waves, the amount of vibration would crack pc components, shake wires loose. Also... speakers work with very large powerful MAGNETS. I'm pretty sure magents can erase hard drives.

other ideas:

use pc case and rip apart a bunch of gaing consoles and mod them together, using single dvd drive and power supply.

Though I don't think possible , but a wireless monitor be awsome too.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i had a similar idea about mounting speakers into a PC case for LAN parties, but the magnets would probably kill everything

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I once toyed with the idea of making a chassis to hold computer parts and moulding something round it with fibreglass.

Ideas that came up were a castle, a hill, a space station or a haunted house.

I figured the rear part would have to be panelled to access internal.

Was going to put lots of led's all over and maybe have things that pop out from doors, that sort of thing.

Only drawback is imagination.

May actually get round to it one of these days.......

Reaction score
Lego Pc's

KGB-911 said:
how about a computer case made out of those 'lego' blocks?

I don't know why, but I have this felling that its been done. I mean, lego freaks are worse than pc freaks (most* of the parts are cheaper). I will find a pic and post. Look for my edit.

Ok I found some, or a lot.....so its been done. Some are cooler than others.

Attachments

• lego pc 1.jpg
    lego pc 1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 275
  • lego pc 2.jpg
    lego pc 2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 285
  • lego pc 3.jpg
    lego pc 3.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 252
  • lego pc 4.jpg
    lego pc 4.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 227
  • lego pc 5.jpg
    lego pc 5.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 271
  • lego pc 6.jpg
    lego pc 6.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 267
  • lego pc 7.jpg
    lego pc 7.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Reaction score
my good buddy ill help u, listen one of my ideas on building a good computer that looks cool, build it inside a hampser cage, at least cooling wont be a problem, also i have other ideas, such as a fish tank pc with added fluid, mineral oil non conductive and suprisingly safe.

Ask a Question