What is this?

P

Peter McCaul

I received this today. I have no idea what it is. Am I spamming? I receive this kind of e-mail once every 3 months. I do a virus check on both server and machine. Thanks.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Cial1s S0ft Tabs is a bestseller

Sent: 1/24/2007 12:49 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

(e-mail address removed) on 1/24/2007 12:50 PM

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

< bor.isp.9tel.net #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 (e-mail address removed) unknown user account>

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

< bor.isp.9tel.net #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 (e-mail address removed) unknown user account>

G

This is a non delivery report. Do you have an out of office reply set up or
rules to respond to incoming emails automatically?

B

Brian Tillman

Peter McCaul said:
I received this today. I have no idea what it is. Am I spamming? I
receive this kind of e-mail once every 3 months. I do a virus check
on both server and machine. Thanks.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Cial1s S0ft Tabs is a bestseller

Your mail address has been hijacked and is being used by a spammer as the
sender address for his swill. Some of the addresses to which the junk is
being sent do not exist and because your address appears as the sender, you
are getting the non-delivery reports. The most likely cause is that the PC
of some person you know and who has you in his or her address book has been
compromised and the addresses on it harvested. It is likely that your
machine has not been compromised.

Ask a Question