What is that character, carriage return?


John Smith

I need to find and replace a character but don't know how to type
it and cut and paste doesn't work.

It looks like a left arrow with an upward tail. I guess it is
"carriage return", not paragraph mark.

Anyway to replace them with paragraph marks using find and replace?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Search for ^l (that's a caret, Shift+6, and a lowercase L), which represents
a line break.

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question