What is RSS and how does it work in MS Outlook?

I have just installed Office 2007 Beta 2. I can enjoy all the facilities
provided by this software except this RSS. Outlook is giving the following
error messages:

Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0xDCD40155) : 'Outlook cannot download the
RSS content from http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=4315377 because of a problem
connecting to the server. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is
not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.'

Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0xDCD40155) : 'Synchronization to RSS
Feed:"http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=4315377" has failed. Outlook cannot
download the RSS content from http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=4315377 because
of a problem connecting to the server.'

Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0xDAC40155) : 'Outlook cannot download the
RSS content from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=58643 because of a
problem connecting to the server. An OLE registration error occurred. The
program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.'

Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0xDAC40155) : 'Synchronization to RSS
Feed:"http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=58643" has failed. Outlook
cannot download the RSS content from
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=58643 because of a problem connecting
to the server.'

I would appreciate if someone could give me an idea of how this RSS works in
Outlook. I in fact have no iead of RSS.

Thanking you

Roady [MVP]

To read up on RSS see;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)

See if other RSS feeds work correctly for you.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
"Md. Moshiur Rahman Khan" <Md. Moshiur Rahman
[...]

Patrick Schmid

Look up RSS on wikipedia.

As for your issues. You might be able to solve them or not. As you don't
have any clue what RSS is, I assume that you didn't add those RSS feeds
and prob. don't care if they are gone. So go into Tools, Accounts, RSS
and delete them there. Make also sure to delete all subfolders of RSS
Subscriptions. That will get rid of the error messages.
If you chose to use RSS and you get the same error message for new RSS
Feeds you add, come back here and ask for help. The problem is that you
are hitting a bug and a workaround might work for you or not. However,
it's not worth the trouble, if you don't use RSS.

Patrick Schmid