What is a 'flyout' menu?

  • Thread starter Richard Lewis Haggard
  • Start date


Richard Lewis Haggard

What does a person mean when they speak of a 'flyout' menu? What does it
look like and what is it good for?



Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

A menu that flies out (either down or to the side) when you click on
What it is good for should be obvious.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.



Andrew Murray

a menu that "flys out" from the left or right side of the screen, and hidden
until the mouse is moved into the area of the screen

Like having the Windows task/start bar bar on "auto hide" - same idea.

I think it's named "fly out" because it resides on the side of the screen,
compared to "drop down" wihich suggests the menu is at the top of the screen.

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads