Windows Vista What Happened To My Taskbar?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
When I used to minimize windows the usual small rectangle would appear in the Taskbar and all the rectangular areas were about 35mm in length with an easily read name within it. Now, when I minimize, the first rectangle is about the same 35mm but if I minimize any further windows ALL the rectangles then appear at 15mm and often with only the first letter rather than the full name(see attached thumbnails).
This seems to have appeared quite spontaneously as I have not changed anything. Could this have been due to an automatic update? And is it possible to change it back to how it was? I preferred the old style.

Attachments

• Taskbar.JPG
    Taskbar.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Taskbar2.JPG
    Taskbar2.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 189

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It you right click and "unlock" the tastbar, try moving the bands that appear to give the taskbar more room. I've had this happen once before, and I had to adjust the band size and then re-lock the taskbar. Not sure if that is what has happened here, but worth a go :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Your suggestion worked perfectly, Ian. Very simple but very effective.

Thanks a lot. :thumb: :nod:

Ask a Question