What exactly excel do when copying worksheets?

When I was copying some worksheets from one workbook to another, which
contains a lot of graphs. I found out that I can only copy 7 sheets with
graph, the 8th one was copied but no graph was copied over.

And if I save the workbook that I just added several sheets with graphs, I
can't reopen it within the same excel. I have to close Excel and reopen
another one to open it without causing serious error.

My question is, what exactly excel does when I was copying worksheets from
one workbook to another? Obviously it is clipboard. What else is happening?

Thanks a lot!

Jin

Jim Cone

Here's a couple of long shots...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=186219
XL97: Excel Quits Unexpectedly Running Macro That Creates Chart
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573/en-us
You receive an error message when you add a chart to a workbook in Excel
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Salut" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
When I was copying some worksheets from one workbook to another, which
contains a lot of graphs. I found out that I can only copy 7 sheets with
graph, the 8th one was copied but no graph was copied over.

And if I save the workbook that I just added several sheets with graphs, I
can't reopen it within the same excel. I have to close Excel and reopen
another one to open it without causing serious error.

My question is, what exactly excel does when I was copying worksheets from
one workbook to another? Obviously it is clipboard. What else is happening?

Thanks a lot!
Jin

Thanks for your suggestion.

But looks like it doesn't work for me.

My Excel version is 2002. I tried to turn off the AutoCharFontScaling in
Regedit. And also, in my Macro, I tune off the AutoScaleFont every time I
made a copy of a worksheet which has Chart Objects.

I still have the same problem. The first 7 worksheets are copied over
perfectly fine. The last one is copied over without any Charts. And the bad
thing is it doesn't give me any error message. Except that I can't open the
workbook in Excel anymore. It can't even recover. I have to close my Excel
and reopen Excel to open the workbook that I just created. At that time. I
can copy the 8th worksheet with Charts to it without any problem.

Any other possibilities? Thanks a lot!

Another weird thing is:

When I was trying to create a new sheet and use copy paste. Then the Charts
are all copied into the new workbook without any problem.

Now the new problem with the 8th worksheet is: Nothing is copied over except
those Charts!

Any hint? Thanks!

Jim Cone

Two things...
Do some searching in the Microsoft knowledge base for the problem.
Try posting in the excel.charting group.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Salut" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Another weird thing is:
When I was trying to create a new sheet and use copy paste. Then the Charts
are all copied into the new workbook without any problem.
Now the new problem with the 8th worksheet is: Nothing is copied over except
those Charts!
Any hint? Thanks!

Thanks a lot! I will try to pose in Excel.Chart to see if I can get anything
from there.