What Anti-Virus Software Do You Use?

What Anti-Virus Do You Use?

• Total voters

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I just want to know what anti-virus software y'all use. I've tried them all basicly, my favourtie was AntiVir for a while, but just a couple of weeks ago it wouldnt stop crashing :( , everytime i went to scan me hd, it would do abit then crash! So then i went to McAffe pro , that seemed to slow my whole computer up wuite abit, i didnt like that! So now i've got good ole norton and im happy with him so far ;).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Avast AntiVirus here - only been using it a week! I think floppy mentioned it in another thread, so I'm giving it a go now that AVG doesn't update.

I do use Norton on my server and Becky's PC though.

Reaction score
Im kinda spoilt (until I leave my job shortly) with Symantec Corporate Anti-Virus :)

My desktop @ home (and laptop) both access my corporate network, so Im allowed to run SAV rather than Norton.

Norton (in my experience) is horribly bloated. In complete contrast, SAV is hardly noticable at all in my system yet it stops everything :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Use AntiVir on my home Desktop and Norton on my IBM Laptop which was bundled with the software and I updated it for another whole year.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Norton, i dont really care as my computer is not hooked up to the internet. trying to keep it free from any viruses

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
AntiVir - have had no problems with it.

I still have Grisoft AVG on one machine - have they stopped supplying updates then? I'll have to check that one out.

Whether they have or haven't, I'll probably switch to AntiVir on that machine as well shortly.

I really don't like Nortons, it's expensive, it's bloated and in the past I've had Viruses slip past it. It also installs more stuff to your OS than AOL, and that's saying something.

I like AntiVir cos it's one of the few that can stop Trojans dead without resorting to some very complicated removal procedures.

Reaction score
I've used AntiVir for a long time now. It's always worked fine for me. I've seen Norton come up so many times in these posts that I am considering an experiment.
icon7.gif

Reaction score
As a bt broadband user i took up their net protect service and so far no complaints.

e Trust EZ anti virus from Computer Associates and RealSecure Desktop Protect firewall from ISS for £3.50 / month (cancel anytime).

Ask a Question