Webdav Drivemapping

Wallace Fu [MSFT]

Hi Tony,

We're sorry for the delayed response.

Would you please let me know the exact steps you used to map the Webdav drive? Basically, we should use the steps below to create drive mapping for Webdav
share.

In addition, if you issue the command "net use * \\server\share /u:DOMAIN\username *", what is the error code returned?

Thanks for your time!

Steps:

1. Right-click My Network Places and choose "Map a network drive". Choose a drive letter. [Drive:]

2. Type the URL such as <http://www.microsoft.com/webdav> into the Folder box.

3. Verify the Reconnect at Logon box is checked.

4. Click Connect Using a Different User Name.

5. Use authorized username and password for the username/password respectively.

6. Click Finish, and then try to access the mapped drive.

Best Regards,

Wallace Fu, MCSE NT4/2K

Microsoft Partner Support Professional

from your issue.

| From: "Tony Myhrberg" <[email protected]>

| If you read the documentation for WindowsXP you should be
| abkle to map a drive to a webdav folder.
|
| I have never got this to work. Have i misunderstood
| something or is the documentation wrong?
|
| Link to the documentation about webdav:
|
| http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
| url=/TechNet/prodtechnol/winxppro/evaluate/xpsec.asp

Just want to confirm that the Webdav Drivemapping does not work. That is it does not work for me. I tried it from WIn2000 wkn as mapping drive to https://www.<domainname>.com/<sharename> and got an error:
"the network pass https://www.<domainname>.com/<sharename> is not found".

I can create a Network Place though on that share.

Can not see how it could work from a command prompt either with "net use" which supposed to use UNC not URL and is a netbios command anyway.(???).

Wallace Fu [MSFT]

Hi!

I would suggest that you use Windows XP for testing purposes since WebDav Redirector is a new feature in Windows XP.

Actually, we can use URL with Net use, such as net use m: http://wallacefu/webdav. If you want to use net use m: http://www.wallacefu.com/webdav, you need
to make sure the server is configured not to use 'Basic authentication'.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Wallace Fu, MCSE NT4/2K

Microsoft Partner Support Professional

from your issue.

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?dmFkaW0=?=" <[email protected]>

| Just want to confirm that the Webdav Drivemapping does not work. That is it does not work for me. I tried it from WIn2000 wkn as mapping drive to
https://www.<domainname>.com/<sharename> and got an error:

"the network pass https://www.<domainname>.com/<sharename> is not found".

I can create a Network Place though on that share.

Can not see how it could work from a command prompt either with "net use" which supposed to use UNC not URL and is a netbios command anyway.(???).

Daniel M. Drucker

Actually, we can use URL with Net use, such as net use m:

Is there a way to use net use with a top-level webdav directory?

I can get things like this to work:

net use * http://www.mysite.com/subfolder/

but not this:

net use * http://www.mysite.com/

even though webdav is enabled on that top level folder, and I can
access it fine with Web Folders on other versions of windows.

daniel drucker
(e-mail address removed)

Wallace Fu [MSFT]

Hi Daniel,

What's the exact error message you receive when using net use * http://www.mysite.com/?

Can the problem be reproduced on Windows XP only?

Best Regards,

Wallace Fu, MCSE NT4/2K

Microsoft Partner Support Professional

from your issue.

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Daniel M. Drucker)

| > Actually, we can use URL with Net use, such as net use m:
|

| Is there a way to use net use with a top-level webdav directory?
|
| I can get things like this to work:
|
| net use * http://www.mysite.com/subfolder/
|
| but not this:
|
| net use * http://www.mysite.com/
|
| even though webdav is enabled on that top level folder, and I can
| access it fine with Web Folders on other versions of windows.
|
| daniel drucker
| (e-mail address removed)

\Wallace Fu [MSFT]\

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm still not able to reproduce this problem. If you wish to do further work, please kindly start a new post specific to this
problem.

Frankly, it is difficult to troubleshoot this kind of issue in the newsgroup. Detailed system information is required, and the troubleshooting process is time-
consuming. You may also want to submit a case, and our support professionals will work on with you closely.

For your convenience, I have attached the link to submit a case: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS.

Thanks for your time!