• Good

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Fair

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Thanks King ... I appreciate you takin' the time.

I've been debating for some time as to how much real estate I should allow for ad space.

A.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
get rid of that bakos thing, and maybe put a banner at the top of the page

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Get rid of some of the ads and add more content to the site it looks incredibly boring at the moment, you need to spread it across the page not all concentrated in one place.

It looks like a homemade website if you look around you'll find most pro web pages use the whole page, this is a beginners mistake, change it and then come back to us...

Reaction score
Me_2001 and crazylegs:

Thank you for your reviews.

The content of the home page, and the thirty five other pages already existing will be given more attention content-wise.

A.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The best way to look at constructive critiscism is to see how it's true, not false. Combat the things that have been highlighted before arguing, and then say what about now... Don't take things personally - after all, people that would give you advice would represent the average surfer, and are more likely to pick up on the little things that count, and would ultimatly provide you with more business. While this may hurt, they probably are right but you feel you have done a good job and are proud, not wanting to radically change your creation. Iv'e been there, we all have...

Agreed, sometimes comments might be harsh, but in the end, don't take them to heart.

Regards

Chris

Reaction score
Chris,

You're absolutely right, and much respect for the way you go about things.

I have revised the post.

Thanks man.

A.

Reaction score
oilnetcom said:
Chris,

You're absolutely right, and much respect for the way you go about things.

I have revised the post.

Thanks man.

A.
No Problems.

I am happy to be of any assistance.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey Oilnet

I am sorry if i came over a tad harsh with the critisism of your website, but it was only constructive critisism and was not meant for you too take personally..

I just said what i saw and never intended to Insult your hard work in compiling the site in any way...

Pleae accept my apologies....:) and change that bloody Bakos thing....:D

Reaction score
crazylegs:

No worries man ... you time is appreciated, and your review remains valuable towards how I approach changes.

You just couldn't help yourself at the end with the Bakos comment huh?

lmao.

I'll bump the banner in due time for content ... as you suggested.

A.

tek

Reaction score
Hey Oilnetcom,

I have a suggestion for your website. The links down either side of the homepage might be better on a seperate page named something like "helpful links" or "off site links". Removing these from the homepage would free up more space for content and reduce a possibility of confusing any web users. The most important thing to remember about your homepage is it's the first impression users get when visiting, and too many links can discourage people.

Reaction score
Tek:

Interesting point.

In the beginning we put them up as a resource and had pretty much left it at that while working on other things. Bringing focus back to the links opens my eyes to the fact that the setup could be better.

I wonder about these options:

- Solely reducing the font size of the links
- Placing all or some in the dropdown
- Moving them to the bottom
- Moving them outright to another page

Some are going to be dumped altogether. I put a freeze on outbound links some time ago at 150 for the whole site. My inbounds were way behind, but they are now about equal ... a mistake, I know. Nonetheless, I want to reduce the outbound.

I will be re-arranging the home page on Monday to see where we can go with this for more of an appeal to the eye. Some things, however, will not be removed, but rather positioned differently; such as the banner some of you so badly want to see go ... gotta remain loyal to affiliations guys and gals (sorry Crazylegs ... lol.)

The DMOZ banner will go ... I think at the time I was hoping it would make a difference to them, but like many out there, we have been ignored.

My congratulations to London for her winning the 2012 vote, and my condolences for her loses this week.

A.

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,

Six months ago I asked for your expertise involving my little web site.

Your polls and comments were instrumental in the development of not only the site, but also of the development of my skills.

I know that I have much more to learn, but I feel that I'm on a better track, and I just came by to say "thanks".

Very much appreciated.

A.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No problems oildude we are always here to guide the way if thats what your after.....:D

And yes the site is definitely better..

Ask a Question