Web Page refresh rates

Doug Cox

Where do you change the "REFRESH RATE" (if that is what
it is called!) for the content on a web server?

I changed this one time on a server, so I know it was
there previously.
We are using Win 2000 Advanced Server as a Web Server.
When I make changes to my webpages, it takes a few
moments before the changes are reflected on the website.
If the refresh setting is set lower, then the changes
will take effect immediately.

Please help!

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

This is a browser setting not a server setting. Its a matter of the client
haveing a copy of the page in their local cache.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Engineer

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

When I make changes to the web page on the server, it does not reflect the changes imediately, it can take a few minutes to update the pages that have been edited. If I understand you correctly, your saying that I need to change the cache setting or cache rate in my local brouser for this to happen faster? If this is what I need to do could you give me suggestion on where and how to make this change?

----- Curtis Koenig [MSFT] wrote: -----

This is a browser setting not a server setting. Its a matter of the client
haveing a copy of the page in their local cache.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Engineer
Product Support Services, Security Team
MCSE, MCSES, CISSP

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

If you hold down the ctrl key and hit F5 that does a refresh on the browser
that causes it to gather a new page and not read the page from cache. The
other option is to change IE (Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings; "Check
for newer versions of stored pages" to "Every visit to the page" from the
default "Automatically") behavior, the defualt has a checking algorithm but
you can change it to every visit.
--

--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Web Page refresh rates
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:41:05 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server

----- Curtis Koenig [MSFT] wrote: -----

This is a browser setting not a server setting. Its a matter of the
client
haveing a copy of the page in their local cache.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Engineer
Product Support Services, Security Team
MCSE, MCSES, CISSP

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!