Web History Problem !

When I clear my internet cache memory, my history deletes (like all banking
info ..etc)... however later when I open my browser and type (www) the links
of all like 15 urls still show up of different web pages...This is extremely
annoying as when I type the alpha "a" it still brings all urls begging with
"a" i visited and so on.. even though I deleted the history.. Does anybody
know how to properly get rid of this and delete it ?

thanks

joe

Galen

In Jon <[email protected]> had this to say:

When I clear my internet cache memory, my history deletes (like all
banking info ..etc)... however later when I open my browser and type
(www) the links of all like 15 urls still show up of different web
pages...This is extremely annoying as when I type the alpha "a" it
still brings all urls begging with "a" i visited and so on.. even
though I deleted the history.. Does anybody know how to properly get
rid of this and delete it ?

thanks

joe

Open IE, click tools, options, content, auto-complete, change or delete as
you wish.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Don Varnau

Hi,
These URLs you're seeing are in the index.dat file in the History folder.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ should be able to clear the History
and the index.dat file. Just check the appropriate boxes and run it.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Jon" wrote in message