We are being outdone...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You've lost me - all I see is an article about AMD's new 65nm chip production?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, its been discussed here already - just a shame they're so expensive, made by Sony, and can't be used at other projects really....

Reaction score
Oh dear. Right then:

a) Sorry I gave the wrong link

b) thanks ian for getting the right one

c) sorry you already knew about it :blush:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hey PotGuy - no need to feel embarrassed mate :thumb:

I think alot of companies are now seeing the profit potential of linking in to Distributive Computing projects - when ATi went into colaboration with Stanford to bring out crunching on their 1900 series GPU's sales went up significantly as a result - I suspect this will do the same for Sony but to a lesser degree.

Hopefully in the future other projects will be able to make use of these, but in the meantime watch out for other new crunching hardware innovations later this year and beyond...;)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Hey PotGuy - no need to feel embarrassed mate :thumb:

I think alot of companies are now seeing the profit potential of linking in to Distributive Computing projects - when ATi went into colaboration with Stanford to bring out crunching on their 1900 series GPU's sales went up significantly as a result - I suspect this will do the same for Sony but to a lesser degree.

Hopefully in the future other projects will be able to make use of these, but in the meantime watch out for other new crunching hardware innovations later this year and beyond...;)

Ady,
Agreed, Stanford has been very active in embracing the new technology, and is taking the lead that I hope others will follow. I give WCG big kudos for introducing some projects that will run on older slower machines. They may not return a great deal of points or results, but it allows folks with older hardware to contribute, and every little bit helps.;)

Rick

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Very true Rick - its all very well running projects on the latest hardware, but the majority of folks out there are still using older stuff so you need to be able to cater for that sector too :thumb:

Ask a Question