WCG Site Down?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I formatted my PC a couple of days ago, so I need to reinstall the WCG client... however, when I visit http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ it seems to be down.

Are others experiencing this too? :confused:

The reason I ask is that Alertra.com shows the website as up, but it seems to be the only site I can't access.

Reaction score
It seems to happen a lot..I also need to install WCG and the few times I have tried over the last few months it has been down..Always thought maybe it had something to do with my computer...Site seems ok now though..

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Fine here too at the moment - if you ever need the Boinc client and WCG is down you can always get it direct from the developers HERE.

Reaction score
Is their much difference is running a version which is not the latest one?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
if it works fine, then to be honest I wouldn't bother upgrading :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Ady, will just get it straight from the dev site :)

Reaction score
Just a quick question if for some reason I had to reinstall the OS and BONIC projects were not finished would I loose these or would these be downloaded again?

Regards,

Wiz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Got BOINC installed now, but it refuses to communicate with WCG when trying to attach the project... will try again tomorrow and hopefully is will work. I've got a feeling it's o2's DNS, as it works from any other connection I try.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, temporarily switching to OpenDNS for my DNS servers fixed the problem - so I'll give it a little longer and see if O2's start working. Oddly, it's the only site I've found that hasn't worked - others on the o2 forums are going berserk though as even more sites have stopped resolving.

Ask a Question