Program: Wave Repair
Author: Clive Backham
Ware: (Liteware) (Nagware) (free) recording and track splitting
functions are free
http://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Susan said:
Try Wave Repair. It has a nice zoom feature -> you can cut very precisely.

Program: Wave Repair
Author: Clive Backham
Ware: (Liteware) (Nagware) (free) recording and track splitting

Susan, are you saying that nagware is freeware or appropriate to
recommend in this group? It never has been in the past.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)

John Corliss

Bgreer5050 said:
I am looking for a Wav editor where I can visually look at the WAV file in
the form of a graph so I can Cut the spots where sound is very low.

Get the best, Audacity:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

No reason to mess with anything else.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

bMorphus

Author: Clive Backham
Ware: (Liteware) (Nagware) (free) recording and track splitting
functions are free

I think you are out of order here. The editing function is not free.
Free are e.g. Audacity (already mentioned) and EAC, which has a handy
little audio editor built in.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

bMorphus

FirstName LastName

very >>low.
Try FlexiMusic Wave Editor to cut the audio files, it works great.
http://www.fleximusic.com/

Regards
Dani

There is no need top posting. Please don't do it.
This a *freeware* newsgroup. Your posting was not only *off topic* but
also completely unnecessary as there were already many suggestions of
excellent freeware alternatives.

Susan Bugher

$30 to register with this program to use it after 30 days
http://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/register.htm

dunno how you managed to ignore this page. . . ;)

http://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/freeware.htm

<Q>
Wave Repair is shareware. After the initial 30 day trial period, it must
be registered in order to continue using it. However, some of the
facilities continue to work without time limit:

* Direct to hard disk recording with accurate metering and digital
clipping detection
* Track splitting/cue sheet creation in preparation for CDR burns.

If you only want to use Wave Repair for hard disk recording and track
splitting, it can be considered "freeware". There is no need to be
register it in this case. (You will, of course, have to put up with the
"unregistered copy" nag screen when the program starts up).
</Q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

John said:
Susan Bugher wrote:

Susan, are you saying that nagware is freeware

Hi John,

Please don't generalize from the specific. I'm saying that I use Wave
Repair and like it *despite* the mild nag.

or appropriate to
recommend in this group? It never has been in the past.

erm. . . we recently removed two Nagware programs from PL2006 per the
stringent rules for Pricelessware programs. "Da rules" do not apply to
ACF posts and I imagine those programs will continue to be recommended
here. (I *hope* such posts will include the ware descriptions.)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Susan said:
Hi John,

Please don't generalize from the specific. I'm saying that I use Wave
Repair and like it *despite* the mild nag.

This group is named alt.comp.freeware, not alt.comp.nagware.
erm. . . we recently removed two Nagware programs from PL2006 per the
stringent rules for Pricelessware programs. "Da rules"

There are no "rules" in this unmoderated group. There are only
guidelines, and one would hope that you of all people would understand
that nagware is off topic.
do not apply to
ACF posts and I imagine those programs will continue to be recommended
here. (I *hope* such posts will include the ware descriptions.)

Susan, I'm amazed that you of all people are taking this kind of a
stance. Would you care to have a vote on this issue? Nagware has ALWAYS
been off topic here.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Susan Bugher

This group is named alt.comp.freeware, not alt.comp.nagware.
There are no "rules" in this unmoderated group.

There are (of necessity) rules for the Pricelessware List.

There are only
guidelines, and one would hope that you of all people would understand
that nagware is off topic.

"Da rules"
Susan, I'm amazed that you of all people are taking this kind of a
stance. Would you care to have a vote on this issue? Nagware has ALWAYS
been off topic here.

Reality check. You're talking about somebody's theory, not facts. I'm
amazed you claim "Nagware has ALWAYS been off topic here" when you know
that there were Nagware programs on the Pricelessware List for years and
years and you know that those same Nagware programs were recommended
over and over again in ACF posts.

I didn't "take a stance" in my previous post but I'll take one now. I'm
in favor of *accurate* ware descriptions. Nagware programs are NOT
magically transformed into Freeware by omitting the Nagware label.

IMO *accurate* ware descriptions are of prime importance => IMO the only
ware types that are *always* off-topic for recommendation in ACF are
wares that are not free and/or not legal.

IMO "free enough for me" is a pretty good "guideline" for posting. IMO
posting additional information is often helpful, second guessing other
peoples decisions/recommendations is usually counterproductive.

YMMV :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

Susan said:
There are (of necessity) rules for the Pricelessware List.

There are only

"Da rules"

Reality check. You're talking about somebody's theory, not facts. I'm
amazed you claim "Nagware has ALWAYS been off topic here" when you know
that there were Nagware programs on the Pricelessware List for years and
years and you know that those same Nagware programs were recommended
over and over again in ACF posts.

I know nothing of the sort. Nagware has ALWAYS BEEN OFF TOPIC.
I didn't "take a stance" in my previous post but I'll take one now. I'm
in favor of *accurate* ware descriptions. Nagware programs are NOT
magically transformed into Freeware by omitting the Nagware label.

IMO *accurate* ware descriptions are of prime importance => IMO the only
ware types that are *always* off-topic for recommendation in ACF are
wares that are not free and/or not legal.

Nagware is not free because the price you pay for using the software is
having to put up with the nag screen.
IMO "free enough for me" is a pretty good "guideline" for posting.

Good God, Susan! Do you have any idea what you're doing right now by
taking stance? You're opening the door to adware, shareware, etc. etc.
etc. Get a freaking GRIP!
IMO
posting additional information is often helpful, second guessing other
peoples decisions/recommendations is usually counterproductive.

YMMV :)

Am I really talking to Susan Bugher?

Once again, this group is named ALT.COMP.FREEWARE and Nagware isn't
freeware! In fact, there's even a website named NONAGS.COM, one of the
very earliest true freeware websites. They named it that because they
felt and still feel so strongly that nagware SUCKS.

I am going to start a vote.

--
John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Am I really talking to Susan Bugher?

Once again, this group is named ALT.COMP.FREEWARE and Nagware isn't
freeware! In fact, there's even a website named NONAGS.COM, one of the
very earliest true freeware websites. They named it that because they felt
and still feel so strongly that nagware SUCKS.

I am going to start a vote.

Any "rules" which would eliminate discussion of WaveRepair are bad rules.
As long as I don't have to give anything at all--even my name and
address--in return for the use of the program, I consider it freeware.

In the case of WaveRepair, you simply click on the opening panel and the
program is there for you--and a mighty fine program it is!

Let's talk about the software that comes "free" when you buy a burner. Is
it really free? It depends on whether the burner manufacturer had to pay
for the software. If he did, then the cost was included in the price of the
burner, and it is not freeware.

My guess is that the software company gives it free to the burner
manufacturer, in hopes that the customer will like it well enough to upgrade
later on.

Then again, I could be wrong. :)

Norm Strong

Andy Mabbett

John Corliss said:
Good God, Susan! Do you have any idea what you're doing right now by
taking stance? You're opening the door to adware, shareware, etc. etc.
etc. Get a freaking GRIP!

End of Usenet predicted; film at eleven...