Watch out for this nasty e-mail

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just received two of these and it's liable to catch people out so here's a warning.

It makes the recipient think they've ordered something from Amazon and gives a link pointing out that the order can be cancelled.

I think a lot of people will panic as they don't recall placing an order with Amazon and click on the link which takes you to... ???

It even gives a link to the genuine Amazon site.

The e-mail is titled '(e-mail address removed)'. The pic I've posted here I can see in Mailwasher and I have bounced both e-mails back to the sender and blacklisted them.

If you're really worried someone's placed an order on your Amazon account perhaps using your credit/debit card details, just login to Amazon and check your outstanding orders.

I have blanked out the rogue link.

attachment.php

Attachments

• scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 444

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A goodly warning Flopps :thumb: Amazon seem to be genuinely interested to hear of this kind of thing. When I queried a mail which purported to have come from them recently, they responded within an hour or two. This is part of what they had to say:

If you encounter any other uses of the Amazon.co.uk or indeed, the Amazon.com name that you think may be fraudulent, we would be grateful if you contacted us again. The internet is a large and fairly unregulated universe; it is only through our constant vigilance and with the help of others like yourself that we can ensure that our name is not misappropriated for illegitimate uses.

The following was taken from the Security section of their website Link Here:

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Help us to stop phishing and spoofing
[/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Amazon has taken several phishers and spoofers to court; these cases came about via information provided to Amazon through the (e-mail address removed) e-mail address.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Report spoofed e-mails to Amazon.co.uk[/size][/font]

• [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1][/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]
  • E-mail (e-mail address removed) and attach the e-mail you suspect is a fake. Sending the e-mail as an attachment is the best way to preserve the header information which makes it easier for us to trace its origins.
  • If you can't send the e-mail as an attachment, forward it to (e-mail address removed), and include as much of the header information as you can.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Please note: Amazon cannot respond to all e-mails it receives at (e-mail address removed). If you have specific questions about your account, please contact us. [/size][/font]

Reaction score
Hi,
I,ve had these e-mails from amazon too and also very similar ones from UPS and DHL .I,ve added these to blocked senders list .How do I bounce to sender? I am using outlook 200
7 and can't seem to find an option to bounce.
Andy

Ask a Question