Want to try ASP.NET but, ....

M

Michael Hesse

When I try to create a project I get the message

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.

Do I need to install something else on my computer?

Thanks

M

Michael Hesse

Sorry.. Posted this on the wrong newgroup

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.

Thanks

C

Cor

Hi Michael,

Are you sure IIS is running on your computer?

But this question has more to do with your Server than the Vb.language, so maybe you can ask this also in the microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet newsgroup.

I hope you have success,

Cor

D

Daniel Bass

Yep, IIS,
windows setup, under network stuff i think. (not supported in XP Home i think?)
Dan
Sorry.. Posted this on the wrong newgroup

Thanks

V

Valeria

Hi,
you have to run this command: aspnet_regiis /i from the command prompt. The option /i will ensure to use the last framework version installed.
For help when you receive this message click on the question mark and if you have the msdn installed you will have all explanations to solve this problem.
Regards
Valeria
"Michael Hesse" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio When I try to create a project I get the message

Thanks

Ask a Question