>Want to ReConfiGure My FireWall<

Wayne B.

I have a little network in my home. Usually about 2-3
computers, and they're connected by a 5-port switch and
cables. One of the pc's that's in the network gets the
internet by way of dialup modem. On that particular
machine, I have Mcafee firewall installed. Anytime that I
want to have my computers to see each other, I have to
drop my firewall.

There are times that when I get on the internet, I forget
to activate my firewall again. I'm thinking that there
must be a way to configure my firewall so that, it can
continuously block traffic from the internet (modem)
while letting my network (NIC) communicate without
interference. It seems to me to be a simple enough task,
but my only problem is,....
I Don't Know How To Do It.
Would there be anyone out there that might be
able to help me out with this. I would greatly appreciate
it.
THANX N ADVANCE The Rookie/Wayne B.

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Wayne,

This issue can best be handled by your firewall vendor support. We don't have any way of
knowing the configuration options for your firewall. My guess from your description is that you
have your internal IP addresses in the Local Address Table of the firewall but again, that can
best be answered by your firewall vendor.

Hope this helps,
Gary
--------------------
'--'From: "Wayne B." <[email protected]>
'--'Sender: "Wayne B." <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: >Want to ReConfiGure My FireWall<
'--'Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:54:02 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.