Wake up computer from hibernate mode?

G

I am running Windows XP (pro edition) on a system with two user accounts. I would like to run a particular third party application at a certain time every day. I have enabled the hibernate function, and can place the computer into hibernate mode. I can also get the computer to "wake up" at a scheduled time. However my problem is that, following "wake up", the system defaults to the login screen and you have to click on the user account which you wish to access. Until you click on a user account the third party application will not begin running. Which kind of defeats the purpose of an auto "wake up" function. I would really appreciate any tips on how to allow the system to (1) "wake up" from hibernate; and (2) for the system to automatically logon to my user account, so my application can begin running. Thanks, James.

A

Alex Nichol

Confused James said:
I am running Windows XP (pro edition) on a system with two user accounts. I would like to run a particular third party application at a certain time every day. I have enabled the hibernate function, and can place the computer into hibernate mode. I can also get the computer to "wake up" at a scheduled time.

I think you are confusing two separate Hibernate systems. One, with
the scheduled wake up, is a function of the machine itself, and its
hardware hibernate; with that as far as windows is concerned, the
system has been put in Standby, and you need Power Options - Advanced
and uncheck 'Prompt for password on resume from Standby'.

The other is Windows Hibernation, invoked at Shutdown, or possibly by
having it set as the action in Power for 'when I push the Power button'.
That way Windows does the hibernating, and powers right off: on resume
you will see it boot and then 'resuming from Hibernation. But that
can't usually be started up again by the BIOS setting

Ask a Question