WAIK for Vista?

RJ

Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)

Where or where can one get the WAIK for Vista (BETA 2 and/or RC1)?

MS's Vista site for Deployment has all kinds of info about it, except where
to actually get it (unless you are a corporate customer - what about small businesses,
educational institutions, etc.?).

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

RJ

Your link is to the WAIK documentation... not the tools. What is the point of MS
providing documentation for tools you cannot get...? Hmmmm.

Colin Barnhorst

It is available to TechBeta testers. I have no idea why it is only there,
but it is there.

Graham Upshall

I obtained WAIK tools by signing up to connect, using my hotmail account.
https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=2432&SiteID=14
You need to download the complete Business Desktop Deployment 2007 (Beta)
for Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system which is just under
one gig, then install it, read and then read the documentation which
explains how to then install the WAIK tools. It is not very intuitive. You
will find a file called BDDVVista_full cabinet file which includes all the
tools. There are several layers of installation you have to go through to
access WAIK, it took me a couple of days to figure it all out but finally I
was able to create a WINPE disk YAY!

Lang Murphy

Ah... there's a new WAIK on connect that's based on RC1 code and it's
separate from BDD.

Lang