VPN problem - me or BT??

Reaction score
Hi all

I am having problems with a VPN connection. Can anyone help?

For the past year/18 months, I have happily connected to my work computer from my home computer using a VPN with no problems.

A couple of months ago, there were changes to our server to improve everyone's VPN connection.

I have to point out that I am not too technical!

So I set up the VPN connection as instructed. On the same computer with the same connection through BT.

What do I get? PROBLEMS!! I can't make the VPN connection and Error 721 appears.

About 1 time in 100 the connection works! Normally when I least want it. So everything must be set up correctly as it works randomly. Is BT as our internet provider the problem?

But all of us seem to have different issues and our outsourced support says that it is all set up correctly and it should work. BUT is doesn't! We have different IPs and of 3 of us with BT - 1 works and 2 don't. But the settings appear the same.

And the big question - How do I sort it? I would be grateful for any ideas as this is really causing me problems with work.

By the way have called BT Home Support - can't help because I am a residential customer connecting to a business customer!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
can't really help, but I would throw this back in BTs face ...

... because I am a residential customer connecting to a business customer!
so, BT is not a business then ???

Anyway, I found this, it may help ...

http://www.howtonetworking.com/vpnissues/error721.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810839/

HTH

user.gif

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the response.

I have logged a complaint with BT but I'm still waiting for a response.....

I'll check the links you have suggested. Thanks.

Sue

Ask a Question