VPN not connected

John Bahran

I get a message from the client computer that it can't connect because
some protocols need adjustment on this computer. Please help.

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

Could you give the error message you are receiving? The kind of VPN
conenction you are trying [PPTP or L2TP] ? The OS you are using?

--

Thanks
Sharoon

John Bahran

Hi,
Thank you for your response. I am using win2k server and the client
has XP. The error message just says that. That it cannot connect
because some protocols on this computer(client) need adjustment. I am
using the Automatic option as opposed to PPTP or L2PT.

John Bahran said:
I get a message from the client computer that it can't connect because
some protocols need adjustment on this computer. Please help.

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

What happens when you explicitly select L2TP or PPTP? Do you face the same
error for both?
--

Thanks
Sharoon

John Bahran said:
I get a message from the client computer that it can't connect because
some protocols need adjustment on this computer. Please help.

John Bahran

If I choose each I get the same response.

John Bahran said:
Hi,
Thank you for your response. I am using win2k server and the client
has XP. The error message just says that. That it cannot connect
because some protocols on this computer(client) need adjustment. I am
using the Automatic option as opposed to PPTP or L2PT.
"Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Could you give the error message you are receiving? The kind of VPN
conenction you are trying [PPTP or L2TP] ? The OS you are using?

--

Thanks
Sharoon
(e-mail address removed)

I get a message from the client computer that it can't connect because
some protocols need adjustment on this computer. Please help.

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

It would be helpful if you could give the exact error message or number at
the VPN client. I suspect that the protocol selected at the client is not
supported at the server.

--

Thanks
Sharoon