VPN Client on XP Home

Parker

Hello All,

I have been trying to load Nortel VPN Client on an XP Home machine. It is
failing to load the drivers and the error just says "Installation of
Contivity VPN Client drivers Failed". Is there something in XP Home that
wont allow this type of driver to be installed?? All Update (less sp2)
AdAware an Spybot run with little found and an updated Virus Scan running.
I did try to turn off firewall and disabled Virus scan before loading.

Thanks in Advance

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the experts in the VPN newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| Hello All,
|
| I have been trying to load Nortel VPN Client on an XP Home machine. It is
| failing to load the drivers and the error just says "Installation of
| Contivity VPN Client drivers Failed". Is there something in XP Home that
| wont allow this type of driver to be installed?? All Update (less sp2)
| AdAware an Spybot run with little found and an updated Virus Scan running.
| I did try to turn off firewall and disabled Virus scan before loading.
|
| Thanks in Advance

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting.

This issue may be caused by that the version of your Nortel VPN client
isn't compatible withWindows XP. Windows XP provides VPN client as an
build-in component. Please use the build-in VPN and see if it can resolve
the problem.

HOW TO: Configure a VPN Connection to Your Corporate Network
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q305/5/50.asp>

You can also try to download the latest version of the Nortels VPN Client
Software.

Wish it helps.

Regards,
Bob Qin