VPN and DNS

Mustafa

I am connecting two windows 2000 sites using Microsoft
RRAS (LAN-to-LAN Router), i am assiging the IP through
DHCP. The windows 2000 AD server is also acts as DHCP,DNS
and RRAS. now the connection established and everything is
ok but when i tried to ping or access any resource in one
of the servers to the other it resolve the server name to
the ip it gets from the dhcp, and not the real ip of the
server, i checked the dns server and found that the server
also registers the ips that provided by the VPN. how can i
inform the dns not to registers those ip.

Mohanchand Koduri [MS]

Hello Mustafa,

You can look at the details of what needs to be configured when you have
two DCs in a RRAS-RRAS configuration.

292822 Name Resolution and Connectivity Issues on Windows 2000 Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292822

Thanks,
Mohanchand Koduri[MS]