Visual studio cannot recognize my web user control

niberhate

I have been bugged by this problem for a while. I googled and it
seems this isn't a common problem, because I cannot find any helpful
discussion or article about this.

I have a Website Project (that is, not a Web Application Project, not
sure if this is relevant). I created some user controls under folder
UserControls, for example, MyUserControl.

I can dynamically load MyUserControl with no problem, in other words,
it compiles ok, runs fine, but VS 2010 intellisense doesn't recognize
it, and if I click on "MyUserControl" in my C# code, VS hints to
Generate a class for "MyUserControl", weird.

I am not happy with this, any configuration problem? I like the
intellisense to help me generate event handlers' stubs. Please share
your two cents. Thank you very much.

Mr. Arnold

niberhate said:
I have been bugged by this problem for a while. I googled and it
seems this isn't a common problem, because I cannot find any helpful
discussion or article about this.

I have a Website Project (that is, not a Web Application Project, not
sure if this is relevant). I created some user controls under folder
UserControls, for example, MyUserControl.

I can dynamically load MyUserControl with no problem, in other words,
it compiles ok, runs fine, but VS 2010 intellisense doesn't recognize
it, and if I click on "MyUserControl" in my C# code, VS hints to
Generate a class for "MyUserControl", weird.

I am not happy with this, any configuration problem? I like the
intellisense to help me generate event handlers' stubs. Please share
your two cents. Thank you very much.

When I first used VS2010 RC, I had to enable intellisense for the
project off of Toos/Options for C# projects, which a couple of setting
for intellisnse.

niberhate

When I first used VS2010 RC, I had to enable intellisense for the
project off of Toos/Options for C# projects, which a couple of setting
for intellisnse.

OK, thx for sharing your two cents, although I didn't say that my
intellisense doesn't work, I said it doesn't recognize my newly added
web user control. Other than this, intellisense itself works
perfectly.

I tried refresh the solution in the solution explorer, it didn't make
the intellisense aware of the existence of the user control.

Joined
Nov 10, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
On Apr 24, 12:58*am, "Mr. Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:
> niberhate wrote:
> > I have been bugged by this problem for a while. *I googled and it
> > seems this isn't a common problem, because I cannot find any helpful
> > discussion or article about this.
>
> > I have a Website Project (that is, not a Web Application Project, not
> > sure if this is relevant). *I created some user controls under folder
> > UserControls, for example, MyUserControl.
>
> > I can dynamically load MyUserControl with no problem, in other words,
> > it compiles ok, runs fine, but VS 2010 intellisense doesn't recognize
> > it, and if I click on "MyUserControl" in my C# code, VS hints to
> > Generate a class for "MyUserControl", weird.
>
> > I am not happy with this, any configuration problem? I like the
> > intellisense to help me generate event handlers' stubs. *Please share
> > your two cents. Thank you very much.
>
> When I first used VS2010 RC, I had to enable intellisense for the
> project off of Toos/Options for C# projects, which a couple of setting
> for intellisnse.

OK, thx for sharing your two cents, although I didn't say that my
intellisense doesn't work, I said it doesn't recognize my newly added
web user control. Other than this, intellisense itself works
perfectly.

I tried refresh the solution in the solution explorer, it didn't make
the intellisense aware of the existence of the user control.

Me too (vs2005)!
I bet you're using a website, not a web application.
Is this what you are experiencing:
http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=664644