Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Server CE 3.0

Alina

Hello

We have a project which uses Visual Studio 2003 (C#) and SQL CE 2.0.
We had many problems with SQL Server CE 2.0 (corrupted DB..) and we are
asking if somebody succeed to use the SQL Server CE 3.0 with Visual Studio
2003 ?

Thank you,
Alina

Pete Vickers [eMVP]

Hi,
sorry - SqlServerCE 2.0 is the latest version.
What sort of corruption problems? Have you loaded any applicable service
packs?

Pete

Paul Strauss

I have been sucessfully using it for a couplevof years. The databases can be
from 5 to 10 megs. We don't usually see database corruption, but we have
come across it when compacting the database without enough available memory.

Paul

Alina

Corruptions after many inserts and delete - we arrived to have NULL values
into the keys for certain records (it seems to be random).
The DB size is about 300 MB..

Rick Winscot

Alina,

Sounds to me like you are using an SD card or similar to store your data on?
If this is the case... the corruption problems you are experiencing are due
to records not being flushed properly.

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com

Alina

Yes, we are using a flash card. What is the solution ?
Thank you,
Alina

--
Pete Vickers
Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP

Hello

We have a project which uses Visual Studio 2003 (C#) and SQL CE 2.0.
We had many problems with SQL Server CE 2.0 (corrupted DB..) and we are
asking if somebody succeed to use the SQL Server CE 3.0 with Visual Studio
2003 ?

Thank you,
Alina

Rick Winscot

Alina,

I am unaware of a method to protect databases on flash from corruption.
However, you can minimize the corruption issue by preventing the device from
going into sleep mode and do not allow the application to be minimized. Any
operation that prevents data from being flushed will corrupt the db.

This is a rough issue... perhaps you could post the question to Kevin Bowser
in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce news group?

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com