Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Server CE 3.0


A

Alina

Hello

We have a project which uses Visual Studio 2003 (C#) and SQL CE 2.0.
We had many problems with SQL Server CE 2.0 (corrupted DB..) and we are
asking if somebody succeed to use the SQL Server CE 3.0 with Visual Studio
2003 ?

Thank you,
Alina
 
Ad

Advertisements

P

Pete Vickers [eMVP]

Hi,
sorry - SqlServerCE 2.0 is the latest version.
What sort of corruption problems? Have you loaded any applicable service
packs?

Pete
 
P

Paul Strauss

I have been sucessfully using it for a couplevof years. The databases can be
from 5 to 10 megs. We don't usually see database corruption, but we have
come across it when compacting the database without enough available memory.

Paul
 
A

Alina

Corruptions after many inserts and delete - we arrived to have NULL values
into the keys for certain records (it seems to be random).
The DB size is about 300 MB..
 
R

Rick Winscot

Alina,

Sounds to me like you are using an SD card or similar to store your data on?
If this is the case... the corruption problems you are experiencing are due
to records not being flushed properly.

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com
 
A

Alina

Yes, we are using a flash card. What is the solution ?
Thank you,
Alina


Rick Winscot said:
Alina,

Sounds to me like you are using an SD card or similar to store your data on?
If this is the case... the corruption problems you are experiencing are due
to records not being flushed properly.

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com



Alina said:
Corruptions after many inserts and delete - we arrived to have NULL values
into the keys for certain records (it seems to be random).
The DB size is about 300 MB..

"Pete Vickers [eMVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in message
Hi,
sorry - SqlServerCE 2.0 is the latest version.
What sort of corruption problems? Have you loaded any applicable service
packs?

Pete


--
Pete Vickers
Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP
HP Business Partner
http://www.gui-innovations.com

Hello

We have a project which uses Visual Studio 2003 (C#) and SQL CE 2.0.
We had many problems with SQL Server CE 2.0 (corrupted DB..) and we are
asking if somebody succeed to use the SQL Server CE 3.0 with Visual Studio
2003 ?

Thank you,
Alina
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Rick Winscot

Alina,

I am unaware of a method to protect databases on flash from corruption.
However, you can minimize the corruption issue by preventing the device from
going into sleep mode and do not allow the application to be minimized. Any
operation that prevents data from being flushed will corrupt the db.

This is a rough issue... perhaps you could post the question to Kevin Bowser
in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce news group?

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com


Alina said:
Yes, we are using a flash card. What is the solution ?
Thank you,
Alina


Rick Winscot said:
Alina,

Sounds to me like you are using an SD card or similar to store your data on?
If this is the case... the corruption problems you are experiencing are due
to records not being flushed properly.

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com



Alina said:
Corruptions after many inserts and delete - we arrived to have NULL values
into the keys for certain records (it seems to be random).
The DB size is about 300 MB..

"Pete Vickers [eMVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in message
Hi,
sorry - SqlServerCE 2.0 is the latest version.
What sort of corruption problems? Have you loaded any applicable service
packs?

Pete


--
Pete Vickers
Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP
HP Business Partner
http://www.gui-innovations.com

Hello

We have a project which uses Visual Studio 2003 (C#) and SQL CE 2.0.
We had many problems with SQL Server CE 2.0 (corrupted DB..) and
we
are
asking if somebody succeed to use the SQL Server CE 3.0 with Visual
Studio
2003 ?

Thank you,
Alina
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alina

Thank you,
Alina

Rick Winscot said:
Alina,

I am unaware of a method to protect databases on flash from corruption.
However, you can minimize the corruption issue by preventing the device from
going into sleep mode and do not allow the application to be minimized. Any
operation that prevents data from being flushed will corrupt the db.

This is a rough issue... perhaps you could post the question to Kevin Bowser
in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce news group?

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com


Alina said:
Yes, we are using a flash card. What is the solution ?
Thank you,
Alina


Rick Winscot said:
Alina,

Sounds to me like you are using an SD card or similar to store your
data
on?
If this is the case... the corruption problems you are experiencing
are
due
to records not being flushed properly.

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com



Corruptions after many inserts and delete - we arrived to have NULL values
into the keys for certain records (it seems to be random).
The DB size is about 300 MB..

"Pete Vickers [eMVP]" <pete at gui - innovations dot com> wrote in message
Hi,
sorry - SqlServerCE 2.0 is the latest version.
What sort of corruption problems? Have you loaded any applicable service
packs?

Pete


--
Pete Vickers
Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP
HP Business Partner
http://www.gui-innovations.com

Hello

We have a project which uses Visual Studio 2003 (C#) and SQL CE 2.0.
We had many problems with SQL Server CE 2.0 (corrupted DB..) and we
are
asking if somebody succeed to use the SQL Server CE 3.0 with Visual
Studio
2003 ?

Thank you,
Alina
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top