Vista Startup Application

R

Rubens

Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong group.

I am using a Seagate "Auto Backup" software to backup my laptop. The application was configured to start automatically and it basically monitors my system to only backup files that have been modified since the last run. However, I didn't realize it needed to run to do this (my own stupidity), so I deleted the shortcut from the Startup folder. I have now realized that when the application isn't running, I need to verify the backup for it work fine which takes significantly longer to happen. In a nutshell, I want to put I back to its original state... and I don't know what that is.

I have now added that applications shortcut back to my Startup folder and it works. However, the application loads full screen, whereas previously it was minimized in the system tray. I suspect there is a switch missing from the shortcut, something like "/minimize" at the end of the path.

Can someone tell me how I can launch this application minimized on startup?

Thank-you,
Rubens

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Did you try uninstalling, then reinstalling, the
Seagate "Auto Backup" software?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------

:

Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong group.

I am using a Seagate "Auto Backup" software to backup my laptop. The application was configured to start automatically and it
basically monitors my system to only backup files that have been modified since the last run. However, I didn't realize it needed
to run to do this (my own stupidity), so I deleted the shortcut from the Startup folder. I have now realized that when the
application isn't running, I need to verify the backup for it work fine which takes significantly longer to happen. In a nutshell,
I want to put I back to its original state... and I don't know what that is.

I have now added that applications shortcut back to my Startup folder and it works. However, the application loads full screen,
whereas previously it was minimized in the system tray. I suspect there is a switch missing from the shortcut, something like
"/minimize" at the end of the path.

Can someone tell me how I can launch this application minimized on startup?

Thank-you,
Rubens

R

Rubens

I could, but I'd only like to do that as a last resort. My fear is that it
will need to run a full backup again which took a very long time. The
application is also pretty clunky and its very difficult to tell what
folders I actually selected. I could do it again, but I'd like to see if
there is an easier way.

Thank-you,
Rubens

Ask a Question