Vista SP2 conflict with Eset NOD32 AntiVirus ... RESOLVED

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Why does the icon turn red after installing Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008? (4.0)
KB Solutions ID: SOLN2254|Last Revised: May 28, 2009

Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 can conflict with version 4.0 of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus. If you are running version 4.0 of either ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus and have installed the latest update for Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, which includes Service Pack 2, you may be experiencing issues with your ESET security product.

An incompatibility between Service Pack 2 and the 4.0 versions of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus may prevent the proper functioning of real-time file-system protection. The ESET icon next to the system clock will turn red if you are experiencing this issue, notifying you that maximum protection is not ensured. It may also notify you that your ESET security product needs to be reinstalled. However, doing so will not rectify the incompatibility. An updated build for version 4.0 ESET security products is currently in development and will be released as soon as possible. To resolve the issue temporarily, follow the steps below to uninstall 4.0 and install the 3.0 version of your ESET security product:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2254

Fortunately for me, and quite a few others, I don't seem to be affected. :thumb:

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Mucks :) I've started to use NOD32 on one PC here now and I really like it - but that PC is still on XP :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You're lucky you've managed to install SP2, it's still turning it's nose up at my system :(

Ask a Question