VISTA SP1 Evaluation Copy Upgrade

MoonHowler

On a previously registered copy of VISTA Ultimate, I installed an evaluation
copy of Windows SP1. In the bottom right part of my screen, it states:
"Windows VISTA (TM)Evaluation Copy Build 6001." Now, many months later, I
have begun getting balloons that my evaluation copy is about to expire, and I
need to install any version of Windows VISTA. I REALLY do not want to do a
clean install, or loose any data or programs. Can anyone please tell me what
the procedure is?

Many thanks,
MoonHowler

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Uninstall Vista Service Pack 1 Beta
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/uninstall_sp1_beta.htm

Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/Help/133c8953-c9cd-4fa5-8883-03e91bb6f2021033.mspx

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone (KB936330)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

On a previously registered copy of VISTA Ultimate, I installed an evaluation
copy of Windows SP1. In the bottom right part of my screen, it states:
"Windows VISTA (TM)Evaluation Copy Build 6001." Now, many months later, I
have begun getting balloons that my evaluation copy is about to expire, and I
need to install any version of Windows VISTA. I REALLY do not want to do a
clean install, or loose any data or programs. Can anyone please tell me what
the procedure is?

Many thanks,
MoonHowler

Dennis Nichol

Greetings?

Is there a similar procedure for those of us that installed Vista Ultimate
with SP1 (RC1) slipstreamed? The provided procedure will not sork for us
since SP1 was included in the original install bits.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance you can provide!

-Dennis Nichol

KTR

Hi.
I have the same problem. I have uninstalled SP1 RC. After PC has been turned
off the watermark bottom right corner is gone.
My problem is when I install the final version of SP1 the problem comes
back. I don't think the SP1 RC uninstall procedure cleans out everything. Any
ideas? Regards KTR.

Colin Barnhorst

Since you have installed Vista at service pack level one already, there is
no uninstallation possible because there are no pre-SP1 files to roll back
to. You must reinstall Windows.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
If you have installed Vista with slipstreamed Beta Sp1, you should be able
to upgrade if you have RTM Windows Vista integrated ( slipstreamed) media.
You should be able to go from Beta SP1 Windows Vista to RTM SP1
integrated(Slipstreamed) Windows Vista.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| >From: "Colin Barnhorst" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: VISTA SP1 Evaluation Copy Upgrade
| >Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:27:56 -0600
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
| >
| >Since you have installed Vista at service pack level one already, there
is
| >no uninstallation possible because there are no pre-SP1 files to roll
back
| >to. You must reinstall Windows.

message

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5ebb-413b-
89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en

techtea

Where oh where is my Vista Service Pack 1?
I have the update error code 8024200D, I have been directed here to delete
that service pact.
It is not in Programs and Features, Tasks, View Installed Updates.
It was not a beta I upgraded, it was included on the Windows Vista Ultimate
32-bit software dics.

John Oliver