Vista SP1 BSOD and USB Hard Drives

Ken

Any one know why I cant use my USB hard dives any more. After SP1 as soon as
I plug it in I get a BSOD. So today I tried on my laptop.......... Same
results. I need use these hard drives.

SP1 is the blame for this problem. 2 computers same problem. Never happened
until I installed SP1

Any Ideas?

Ken

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Free SP1 technical support from Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=11274&gprid=500921

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ken" <noonehome.com> wrote in message Any one know why I cant use my USB hard dives any more. After SP1 as soon as
I plug it in I get a BSOD. So today I tried on my laptop.......... Same
results. I need use these hard drives.

SP1 is the blame for this problem. 2 computers same problem. Never happened
until I installed SP1

Any Ideas?

Ken

TaurArian

How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948537

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Ken" <noonehome.com> wrote in message | Any one know why I cant use my USB hard dives any more. After SP1 as soon as
| I plug it in I get a BSOD. So today I tried on my laptop.......... Same
| results. I need use these hard drives.
|
| SP1 is the blame for this problem. 2 computers same problem. Never happened
| until I installed SP1
|
| Any Ideas?
|
| Ken

kevpan815

Ken said:
Any one know why I cant use my USB hard dives any more. After SP1 as
soon as I plug it in I get a BSOD. So today I tried on my
laptop.......... Same results. I need use these hard drives.

SP1 is the blame for this problem. 2 computers same problem. Never
happened until I installed SP1

Any Ideas?

Ken

Reformat Your Computer And Install Open Source Linux Ubuntu 7.10 RTW,
Just FYI.