Vista connection problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Networking' started by Dan Fenton, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Dan Fenton

Dan Fenton Guest

I don't want to over-simplify things, but I was having same problem with daughters Vista laptop while wife was surfing fine with Vista and I was surfing fine with Windows 7. I unplugged router and cable modem for 10 seconds then plugged them back in and the problem went away. Daughter is now surfing fine.

> On Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:50 AM KNieze wrote:

> Somehow or another my TCP/IP has gotten corrupted. So how do I delete and
    > reinstall? Highlighting the protocols in the properties box then grays out
    > the uninstall button. Any ideas other than a system restore? I have tested
    > my computer in both a wireless and wired environment and it doesn???t work in
    > either one. I cannot ping my local router, I get an error code of 1231, nor
    > can I see or be seen on the network. I have an USRobotics 8054 router at
    > home, I went to a hotspot with a linksys router, and I went to my school
    > where they have both a linksys wireless and a wired LAN. I worked with the
    > system admin at school and we could not get the computer to connect to
    > anything. We tried automatically getting an IP address and we tried a static
    > IP address.

>> On Saturday, May 05, 2007 12:25 PM KNieze wrote:

>> Ooops, I forgot to say that I am running Vista Ultimate.

>>> On Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:20 PM Joe Guidera wrote:

>>> Open an elevated command prompt
    >>>
    >>> Once at the command prompt, type: netsh int ip reset iplog.txt.
    >>>
    >>> The last part of the command: "iplog.txt," is the filename of the logged
    >>> results of the command if you want to view it. The name can be altered as
    >>> you wish.
    >>>
    >>> Joe
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "KNiezer" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...

>>>> On Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:43 AM KNieze wrote:

>>>> Elevated command prompt? How is that different from a regular command prompt?
    >>>>
    >>>> "Joe Guidera" wrote:

>>>>> On Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:51 PM Joe Guidera wrote:

>>>>> You want to run the command prompt as an administrator. You can use
    >>>>> start/accessories, locate command prompt, RIGHT click and choose "Run as
    >>>>> administrator"
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Joe

>>>>>> On Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:26 PM KNieze wrote:

>>>>>> OK, doing that I get the response of:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Reseting Echo Request, failed,
    >>>>>> Access is denied.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Reseting Global, OK!
    >>>>>> Reseting Interface, OK!
    >>>>>> A reboot is required to complete this action.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> and I still have no access to my router. When I attempt to ping it I get
    >>>>>> the response of:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> PING: transmit failed, error code 1231
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> for each ping
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> "Joe Guidera" wrote:

>>>>>>> On Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:48 AM Joe Guidera wrote:

>>>>>>> Ok, try removing the network card from within device manager and rebooting.
    >>>>>>> It should re-detect the card and re-perform all of the bindings.

>>>>>>>> On Friday, June 29, 2007 4:46 PM Gloo wrote:

>>>>>>>> Hey Joe, I'm having a similiar problem with my Vista Ultimate as well.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> I recently switched from directly being plugged into my modem, to a
    >>>>>>>> router-system at home for my computer.
    >>>>>>>> I get the "Unidentified Network" in the Networks section, and I can't ping
    >>>>>>>> my own IP or Default gate way, as it gives me a "PING: transmit failed, error
    >>>>>>>> code 1231." message.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Currently, all my settings in the IPv4 protocol are set to auto, and setting
    >>>>>>>> them manually makes no difference, except that it gives me error 1232 instead
    >>>>>>>> of 1231...
    >>>>>>>> I have 4 other computer at home running XP and all of them can connect fine.
    >>>>>>>> Also, it's worth mentioning that Vista detects the network as "Network #",
    >>>>>>>> and if I type in 'ipconfig' in command prompt at that exact moment, I get my
    >>>>>>>> IP and default gateway, but then, very quickly, Vista changes the "Network #"
    >>>>>>>> to "Unidentified Nework" and loses all the ipconfig numbers.
    >>>>>>>> "Joe Guidera" wrote:

>>>>>>>>> On Sunday, December 02, 2007 2:02 PM Jake Akin wrote:

>>>>>>>>> I am having a very similar problem as KNieze where my properties and uninstall options are not available from my network card properties. When I uninstall the wireless or ethernet card from the Device Manager the drivers do not install properly and I have to do a Restore to get back to where I was. I have 2 of the exact same laptops (Dell Inspiron E1705/9400's) so I can check them against each other when I experience problems.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> I have gone through every step I know of, have searched Google and support forums, have spent hours on Dell's chat with their support team, and nothing has helped.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Please let me know if there's any way to uninstal/reinstall/repair the TCP/IP in Vista since I know the issue I am having is directly related to the TCP/IP stack or the files that run this service are corrupted (or something similar to this). I remember repairing this in XP by removing the registry entries and it would rebuild them upon reboot.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> I have tried the netsh command for both tcp/ip and for winsock with no positive result.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Any other sugestions would be greatly appreciated. I would even be willing to pay for assistance if someone can give me the instructions for how to get my machine back up and working 100%.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Thanks!!!

>>>>>>>>>> On Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:46 PM Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) wrote:

>>>>>>>>>> You may have 3 methods to remove and re-install the TCP/IP on Vista. This
    >>>>>>>>>> how to may give you more details.
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> How to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP on Vista
    >>>>>>>>>> http://www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>>>>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >>>>>>>>>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
    >>>>>>>>>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >>>>>>>>>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
    >>>>>>>>>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> "Jake Akin" wrote in message news:...

>>>>>>>>>>> On Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:32 PM RDGreen88 wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>> Please help I still have this problem... its wierd, I'm connected right
    >>>>>>>>>>> now through my samsung blackjack which is slow... This problem is not
    >>>>>>>>>>> only the internet... When i try to do a "Windows Mobile Sync" it doesn't
    >>>>>>>>>>> even initiate.. It sends many packets but recieves absolutely 0... When
    >>>>>>>>>>> i plug it to any other Laptop it works fine! When I plug my LAN Cable
    >>>>>>>>>>> into any other comptuer Internet works fine! I've done every fix on
    >>>>>>>>>>> google... netsh, winsock, reinstall drivers, all that... i do get the
    >>>>>>>>>>> "Echo Request Failed", but i just cannot manage to get internet access
    >>>>>>>>>>> nor receive any packets via LAN... Wireless works fine in some cases...
    >>>>>>>>>>> Is there ANY OTHER solutions than reinstalling vista? Please help!
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>>>>>> RDGreen88
    >>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>>>>>>>>> RDGreen88's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rdgreen88.htm
    >>>>>>>>>>> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-network/741657.htm
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> http://forums.techarena.in

>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:35 PM Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>> It could be 3rd party software. For the troubleshooting, you may start the
    >>>>>>>>>>>> OS with clean boot.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Windows general
    >>>>>>>>>>>> How to run Windows OS with a clean boot ? How to Run Windows Safe Mode
    >>>>>>>>>>>> with Networking ? How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Start ...
    >>>>>>>>>>>> www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>> --
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
    >>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >>>>>>>>>>>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
    >>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>>>>>>>>>>> "RDGreen88" <> wrote in message
    >>>>>>>>>>>> news:...

>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:55 PM veer wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>> You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> WPF Control?s Default Style or Template by Extending the WPF Designer in Visual Studio 2010
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...g-the-wpf-designer-in-visual-studio-2010.aspx

Dan Fenton, Aug 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question