Windows XP Viruses Galore + System Restore

Reaction score
I was having some problems with my system recently (past 3days)

One the most recent my keyboard not working from bootup just flashing status lights

So I rebooted into safe mode and did a full system scan......OMG

27 Trojans WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have deleted all temporary contents in all system32, System, and temporary internet folders and all cookiesMost of them were found in the System32 folder under the .DLL prefix however have been found and healed or deleted.
However does anyone know where the system restore files are kept?

Proper seen my arse, first time ever i've had such a massive problem. Just aswell I change all passwords regular and have built in NAT firewalls 1 on mother board two in router and the software one in XP I Guess.

I'm not impressed!! :mad:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've changed your title so it was a bit more descriptive ;)

The system restore folder is normally at "c:\system volume information" but you'll need to do the scan in safemode :thumb:

Reaction score
LOL

Yeah but it got your attention ;)

Yeah its been done in safe mode mate so it all seem fine at present. Will do another later before bed again.

Is it a hidden folder mate?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, you'll have to enable viewing of hidden folders in the Explorer options :)

Reaction score
Hmm strange not there. Any other ideas?

Want to delete the info then do a new restore save point to stop it all being reintegrated onto system if I do a restore in future

Reaction score
Perhaps you have system restore switched off. You can find out by right-clicking My Computer and looking at the Properties Sheet, System Restore Tab.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Firewall in XP software , isn't that a fairly useless tool ? Wouldn't you be better of with a stand alone firewall like Comodo ? Do you have an anti virus program ? If so change it as it seems pretty crap at stoping Trojans .

user.gif
:D

Ask a Question