Virus Warning

mcn

CNN announced. PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST !!
A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft
as the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon
by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys
Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning
are stored.

Read more at:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_a_card_for_you.htm

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/card.htm

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Would it not have been more appropriate to use the subject header of "Virus
Hoax" or "Virus Hoax Warning?"

Carey Frisch [MVP]

The "Virtual Card for You" hoax (now often circulated simply as a "A Card for You")
has been making the rounds since at least 2000, with occasional changes along the way.
No such (incurable) virus ever existed, was identified by McAfee, was reported on by CNN,
or "caused panic in New York."

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP