Viewing a worksheet within a Userform

chris_waldie

This may seem an odd question. I have built an excel document tha
effectively works as an issue tracker; new data can be submitted by
userform, existing data can be edited via a userform.

What I would now like to do is provide a view of what issues are ther
without having to view the entire worksheet.

I would like a userform that effectively embeds the worksheet dependan
upon user defined criteria, such as any issues logged by them
effectively reproducing the effect of an autofilter but within
modeless userform rather than within the worksheet itself.

The data sheet is basically made up of the following headings, and an
new data is just populated in the next available row.

Name - Position - Manager - Created - Ref - Category - Notes - Closed

If anyone can nudge me in the right direction or has seen somethin
similar before that would be great.

Thanks

chris_waldie

Ok.

I have made some initial progress and can populate the listbox with al
entries matching a single criteria. Before I proceed though, I did hav
a couple more questions that have not revealed themselves to me yet.

Can I control the format within a multi column listbox.

For example some of my fields are dates of a specific format which th
listbox displays in the default mm/dd/yyyy.

Also, can I allow for textwrapping as some of the entries contain to
much text just to have a large column width defined?

And can the lisbox contain a grid to separate items visually?

The listbox is a good start, although visually it will need som
tweaking for me to proceed with it as a solution.

Thanks again

Tom Ogilvy

All the data in the listbox is a string, so you can format you dates and
enter them as strings as you load them

Multilines/text wrapping in a listbox row - I don't believe so.

A grid, no I don't believe that is supported either

You might want to try the Office Web Components - spreadsheet component

or use a 3rd party grid control.

Tom Ogilvy

"chris_waldie" <[email protected]>
wrote in message