View Sub Folder in Contacts as a Delegate

SJMP

User B has Delegate permissions to user A's contact folder. User B can view
the contacts folder without a problem. But they also needed access to a sub
folder in User A's contact's. I logged in as User A and went to that
sub-folder. Right clicked and added User B with custom permissions to view
and edit.

User B cannot view the folder. How can I fix this.

OUtlook 2003/ Exchange 2003 SP2

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi SJMP,

To allow user B to access a sub folder under User A's contacts, follow the
steps below.

1. Log in as User A. Right click the Sub contacts folder and choose "Share
'sub contacts folder'".

2. It will create a new email message to share the sub folder. In the To
field, type User B's email address. Send out it.

Note: If you would like to assign Edit permission to user B, check the
option "Recipient can add, edit, and delete items in this contacts folder".
Also, you can right click the sub contacts folder > choose Properties > in
the Permissions tab to edit the permission later.

3. When User B receives the message, click "Open this contacts folder" in
the message window to open it. Thus, user B can view and edit the User A's
sub contacts folder.

What is the result?

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "SJMP" <[email protected]>
| Subject: View Sub Folder in Contacts as a Delegate
| Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:33:13 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| User B has Delegate permissions to user A's contact folder. User B can
view
| the contacts folder without a problem. But they also needed access to a
sub
| folder in User A's contact's. I logged in as User A and went to that
| sub-folder. Right clicked and added User B with custom permissions to
view
| and edit.
|
| User B cannot view the folder. How can I fix this.
|
| OUtlook 2003/ Exchange 2003 SP2
|
| Thanks,

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The Share folder command that Emily described is not available in Outlook 2003. To provide access to a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to grant "folder visible" permission to the root of the mailbox and any other parent folders of the shared folder, as well as appropriate permission -- at least Reviewer -- on the shared folder itself.

The user who needs access then goes into Tools | E-mail Accounts or Tools | Services (depending on the Outlook version), brings up the properties for the Exchange Server service, and on the Advanced tab, adds the mailbox.

For more information on folder permissions, with how-to screen shots, see http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm and http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011134811033

SJMP

Thanks Sue - That was the trick

[...]

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your sharing!

Happy weekend!

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "SJMP" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: View Sub Folder in Contacts as a Delegate
| Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:05:27 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Thanks Sue - That was the trick
|
| | The Share folder command that Emily described is not available in Outlook
| 2003. To provide access to a shared folder that isn't one of the folders
| listed on the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner
| needs to grant "folder visible" permission to the root of the mailbox and
| any other parent folders of the shared folder, as well as appropriate
| permission -- at least Reviewer -- on the shared folder itself.
|
| The user who needs access then goes into Tools | E-mail Accounts or Tools
|
| Services (depending on the Outlook version), brings up the properties for
| the Exchange Server service, and on the Advanced tab, adds the mailbox.
|
| For more information on folder permissions, with how-to screen shots, see
| http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm and
| http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011134811033
|
| --
| Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
| Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
| Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
| http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
|

| | > User B has Delegate permissions to user A's contact folder. User B can
| > view
| > the contacts folder without a problem. But they also needed access to a
| > sub
| > folder in User A's contact's. I logged in as User A and went to that
| > sub-folder. Right clicked and added User B with custom permissions to
view
| > and edit.
| >
| > User B cannot view the folder. How can I fix this.
| >
| > OUtlook 2003/ Exchange 2003 SP2
| >
| > Thanks,

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi SJMP,

I am glad to hear that you have fixed the issue according to Sue's
suggestion. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not
hesitate to contact me. It is always my pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!