Video Problem

L

Lynn

While using Microsoft Publisher (to convert webpage to
Front Page) I try to insert a media clip, i.e., *.wmv
from the Clip Gallery and an error message says: "Clip
Gallery could not create a preview image for file *.*.
This may be due to a missing, corrupted or incorrest
version of a graphics or import filter or media player."
What's the problem and can you help me.
Also, when I insert a media i.e., *.mpg file into front
page (convert from Publisher) it will not play from my
website on Windows Media Player. What's the problem
here? thanks for your assistance.

G

Lynn

When it comes to video your best solution is to link to your video files, rather than trying to embed them

For example you could create an image or a text link that says "Click Here for video", this then links to your video file and the appropriate player will launch based on the file type (.wmv for Windows Media - .mov for QuickTime, etc..

To do this, you would do the following

1- Open your FrontPage We
2- Select the folder you want to import the video clip to (If you want it in a folder
3- Go to File > Import > Add File > Navigate to your Video File > Double Click the file > O
4- Now locate the webpage you want to link it from
5- Select the text or image > Right Click it > Select Hyperlink Properties > Locate the video File > O

To test got to File > Preview in Browse

If working locally, upload all files to the web via the frontPage Publish button (if working in FP 03 you can got to View > Remote Website for uploading)

Once uploaded test it, if you have problems still, post theurl to the page in this NewsGroup so others may be able to assist you further

-----------------------

Each media type will be opened by the associated player, for example if you have Windows Media Player installed as well as QuickTime, they both will open the files they are associated with. Windows will open windows media, but Quicktime may be associated with .mpeg. so if you click an mpeg file and another player opens it is due to the association of the file and player. You can usually adjust associated file types by enabling or disabling, it just depends on the Player

Hope it helps
JD

Ask a Question