Video capture

G

Geoff

How can I get XP movie maker to recognize my video capture card (Pinnacle
DC10 plus). I am using an analogue camera so firewire etc is not an option.
Alernatively, is there a better capture card that will work with XP and a
Sony analogue camera.

Help much appreciated.

Geoff.

P

peter

When I borrowed a friends Sony it came with USB drivers and a Capture/edit
program that worked with the USB2.0 ports
peter

G

Jeff, dont take this wrong. I dumped the DC10Plus a long, long tme ago. Pinnacle did not support WindowsXP or 2000 with this card until we almost stormed the place. Then they did what little they could. The fact of the matter is the card is not very good. Go do yourself a big favor, buy a WinTV-PVR 25o, they sell in those major comuputer stores for about &129.00 USD and are 10 times better at video capturing than the Pinnalcle. I've had both the DC10PLus and the DC30 and both were horrible. I'm sure you'd agree. You seem to be interested incapturing analog video footage - probably old VHS or VHS-C tapes. Use the WinTV for that and then splurge on a MiniDV camera and a firewaire card (that's ehat I did) you wont believe the quality difference! Then when money is not so much of an issue (isn't it always) buy Premiere, Ulead or if your computer can handle it, an Avid Xpress DV for the new stuff - Incredibile stiff. I hate to say it, you should dump the DC10+. I couldn't even sell my old on on Ebay - no one wants them.

G

Geoff

Thanks for the advice guys.

I certainly don't take it wrong Damien, in fact after giving up this
weekend, I totally agree with you. You have convinced me to dispense with
Pinnacle and go a different route.

Thanks.

Geoff.

Ask a Question