Video 2 DVD

Reaction score
My parents want some old videp tapes converted over to dvd.
So what the best way to do this?
Use a company or diy it?

Reaction score
Companies can cost a lot of money as it can be very time consuming

If I remember correctly we have had a couple of thread similar to this in the past

Remember the quality is only going to be as good as original unless you have thousands of pounds worth filtering equipment

I would suggest buying a capture card and doing it yourself

heres a couple to look at

Hauppauge

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-C...&qid=1418487266&sr=8-9&keywords=video+capture

August VGB100

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-VGB1...&qid=1418487266&sr=8-1&keywords=video+capture

Computer specs can make a massive difference when encoding video. So a little more research will need to be done. There is a massive amount of hardware on the market for video capture. Oh and you are going to need a lot of hard drive space aswell

Reaction score
Would use my Laptop, but it is 8yrs old so probably be slow.
Have spent the last 2hrs reasearching online & might have found a local company.
Will check them out, but dont know prices yet, but some want £20 per video!!

Cheers for the reply TD.:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V recorder. It records DVD from VHS, SD, TV, and works very well. I use it for my VHS and DVD player.

Stoneboysteve

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The DIY route is very time consuming, I've done a lot of this. I use a Dazzle capture device (the medium priced one, there are 3 of them) and Pinnacle Studio 14 for capture/editing.

Minimum requirements are 4Gb RAM and a processor of 2Ghz. Video card makes little difference to processing as it's for display only.

As I said, it's time consuming, if you can find a company to make cheap copies, it may be worthwhile. Or, as Stoneyboysteve has pointed out, the 'one click' machines may be ideal for you.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V recorder. It records DVD from VHS, SD, TV, and works very well. I use it for my VHS and DVD player.

Stoneboysteve
Any idea who in the UK sells them as seem to be getting a blank on most hifi online & ebay!

Reaction score
They are very expensive

Even ones on Ebay are going for £50+ for ones that are several years old

Reaction score
Have found a local company that might do it but not the cost yet.
They will give us a bilk discount on the more we have done.
Will post back when i know.

Ask a Question