From: Wlengel <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker
Subject: VHS transfer
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:59:51 -0700

During the capture of my VHS tapes a large loss of quality occurs. I am
using a ATI All in Wonder card for analog capture. Would I see better
results if I purchased a Canopus ADVC-100 box and install a Firewire card?

Bill

Wlengel

Mike,
I was under the impression that the Canopus ADVC-100 was a analog to
digital convertor. If that is true I thought I would get almost the same
quality video as the VHS tape. Not true???

Bill

Prilosec

your captured video should be as good as the VHS tape was (not too great, as
you know). It should not really look worse than watching the tape itself.

Graham Hughes

Yes, the canopus advc will give better results, as the tv card saves in a
compressed format. Canopus build excellent units and they are very easy to
use. Miglia also are worth looking at, see the reviews page here
www.simplydv.com

Graham