Windows Vista very slow load/save VBA in Vista and Office 2007

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am not sure it is right place to post my question. It is very slow laoding and saving for a macro in Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 system (for more than 30 minute). Could anyone tell me the reseason and solution?

I have excel macro wrote in XP and office 2003. It run, load and sve normally in XP and Office 2003. Now, I changed my system to Vista Ultimate and Office 2007. It can run normally except for loading and saving.

Appreciate ahead.

Tony

Reaction score
Hi Tony welcome to the forums

Firstly you said it ran fine in XP and you have changed to Vista!

Please provide us with your system specifications

ie

How much memory you have maybe a massive factor as Vista requires lots and lots before its even boots up fully.

If your are then running applications ontop of that then it could well be your problem. Does your hard drives flash constantly and can you hear a grinding noise from the hard drive? This is the Computer using whats called 'page file' This is the Operating system using part of your hard drive space as virtual memory because it has run out of physical memory or you may know it as RAM

Reaction score
Hi TriplexDread and others,

My system is the newest one I think. It has 4GB Ram, high speed hard driver (10000 rpm and 250GB), operating system is Vista Ultimate, and processer is intel(R) core(TM) 2 Quad 2.4 GHz. My hard driver does not constantly flash, instead of, computer shows "not responding".

I ever tried to shut down all other applications, the computer only runs on my VBA macro application in excel. I also tried to save the application in binary, macro-enable or normal excel workbook. Unfortunately, it still takes about 30 minutes to load or save.

I could not figure out the problem, please help me.

Appreciate ahead.

Tony

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi TriplexDread and others,

My system is the newest one I think. It has 4GB Ram, high speed hard driver (10000 rpm and 250GB), operating system is Vista Ultimate, and processer is intel(R) core(TM) 2 Quad 2.4 GHz. My hard driver does not constantly flash, instead of, computer shows "not responding".

I ever tried to shut down all other applications, the computer only runs on my VBA macro application in excel. I also tried to save the application in binary, macro-enable or normal excel workbook. Unfortunately, it still takes about 30 minutes to load or save.

I could not figure out the problem, please help me.

Appreciate ahead.

Tony

Reaction score
So how does it run previously to running the applications that you use?

'Not responding' could mean hundreds of things in honesty

It's a brand new system I take it then? Was it build for you or bought?

Reaction score
Hi TriplexDread,

Thanks a lot.

The system is brand new and is built for me. I met the problem since I started to run my application in the new system four days ago. I never used Vista and Office 2007 before.

My application can do computation normally, except for loading and saving. Every time, I need wait for long time to save a little change in my application. I am sure the little change would not cause any such problem because I only change some parameters in calculating equations, for example change from Y*2.5 to Y*2.9. I also need to wait for long time to open my application.

By the way, the same application runs in XP and Office 2003 without any problem.

I do not understand the meaning of "not responing" and how can it come in the rich RAM system.

Appreciate again.

Tony

Reaction score
Hmm i'm wondering if Office 2007 is compatable with Vista?

I've not heard of any other issues here as yet though

Maybe its just one of those little gremlins that happens to certain people

Myabe different software would help?

'Open Office' for example? It's free and fairly small. Although saying that i'm not sure if there is a version compatable with Vista Yet but if Vista has a conpatability vizzard your may try that?

Ask a Question