VERY esoteric driver help needed (Emulex)

Reaction score
Hey all! As usual, when my wings are clipped and I don't know where else to turn, I come crawling back here :p

I have an Emulex LightPulse 8000 here....and no drivers. Google shows me a list of sites that either have dead links or want me to download a download manager, which i'm *pretty* sure is an anagram of "Here, have a virus."

This is the card:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130963007197?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Does anyone happen to have or have access to what I need to get this thing up and running?

My PLAN is to boot DBAN and wipe Fibre Channel hard disks, using this card and a built-for-purpose adapter

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting :) Sadly, none of the links are active ;) I wouldn't post here without checking the manufacturers website first :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Thanks for posting :) Sadly, none of the links are active ;) I wouldn't post here without checking the manufacturers website first :D

They all seem to be active for me and I can download the drivers for Windows 7, Linux, FreeBSD etc

Reaction score
That's really weird. I tried IE as well (default is FF) and they're just words on a page for me, nothing to click on.

Ummmm....... if you have access to them, would you be willing to download the following, zip them and send them to me? :D

• Firmware Version 3.93a0

• Firmware Update Manual

x86 BootBIOS Version 2.00a1
Platform: Intel (32-bit)

Boot Code User Manual

:)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
:thumb:

Attachments

• links.png
    links.png
    74 KB · Views: 167
Reaction score
Oh! Well, I wasn't expecting THAT!

I'll need to dig to find the drivers for this card, but.....

Thankyou! :D

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good work Evan!

Just wanted to drop in to this thread to say hey Kenny! :thumb:

Ask a Question