very confused...

Reaction score
Does DDR2 Ram run on DFI Lanparty Motherboards (Ultra-D or SLi-D)? It says DDR, SDRAM, but does that mean DDR only? or DDR2 as well? :s

Also i'm getting .. OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC5300 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR2 (OCZ26671024ELGEGXT-K) (MY-063-OC) [size=-1]
[/size]
[size=-1]is the spec's good on this for a DDR2? .. [/size]
[size=-1]- 667MHz DDR2
- CL 4-4-4-12 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Unbuffered
- Gold Layered XTC Heatspreader*
- Lifetime Warranty
- 1.9 Volts
- 240 Pin DIMM
- EVP®**
[/size]

[size=-1]Good for £90 incl. VAT?
[/size]

Reaction score
the type of RAM needed is determined by the CPU - if its AMD then you can't use DDR2.

DDR SDRAM to me sounds like regular DDR PC3200 RAM

Reaction score
Really? Ah damn! Can't i configure it in any way without screwing my system? I was rly looking forward to that bargain too :\

Reaction score
it wouldnt even fit the motherboard - its a completely different type of RAM!

Its not even faster, DDR has lower latency than DDR2.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
And it works on a different voltage. According to the DFI page. the Lanparty is DDR400. Good board though.

Covenant

Reaction score
ok, well i had to ask in-case ;) so OCZ Gold is better than OCZ Platinum for Gaming right? and i'm also looking at Ultra-X PSU's their non-clutter cable system, nice finish looks and the prices r highly attractable but is there any negative feedback i should hear? as with most PSU's specs they never mention the actual noise levels in decibells which can get a tad annoying after so long...

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
The Gold series does have lower latencies than the Platinum, but how much difference in real time remains to be seen (I mean - whats a millisecond between friends). OCZ is generally regarded as very good memory especially for o/clocking.
I looked at the UltraX's recently and they seem like decent quality psu especially for the price, but I don't think they had dual 12v+ rails - please feel to correct me if I'm wrong.

Covenant

Reaction score
Atm, the Hiper TypeR 580w (630 peak) Modular is the PSU to get, for around £60 all in...

OCZ is very good very stable memory - i have half a gig myself :)

Reaction score
ok since i was running 50p over my overall budget (bank balance) i had to cut down on the UV version! OMG 50p!!! lol -_- (I'm not wandering down to the bank to put 50p in if thats what ur thinking) since i have windows xp already for my previous computer do i need to buy the OEM version again? or can i reuse it without getting prosectued? or is that only for windows xp retail version?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
saku said:
ok since i have windows xp already for my previous computer do i need to buy the OEM version again? or can i reuse it without getting prosectued? or is that only for windows xp retail version?
You can only install XP on one PC ... if you have two PCs you need two XPs ... there is no differnce in OEM & Retail CDs (Linux is free)

However, there is nothing wrong with "moving" XP from one PC to another, as long as you delete the old one ... you will have to phone MS for a new key.

;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
how do you delete an os? format?
These days you put the CD in and boot off it ... it will give you the option to delete the partition and format ... then stop.

... or you could use FDISK , UBD and even Linux. :D

Ask a Question