Vehicle tax changes

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... next year they are doing away with £ notes. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds better to me, all things considered.

Random thoughts...

Drive a vehicle in the uk and big brother has all the tabs it needs on you more or less.
Will this mean an end to those road blocks checking motors for tax discs as they pass?
Will it put an end to motorists driving without tax/insurance/MOT a lot of those offenders being, how shall we say? Not of UK origin?
Will a number of flatfoots go into shutdown mode the first day all motors are zooming around without a valid tax disc. For those uniformed chappies who may be slow-witted, the situation is likely to send the nickometer into overload.
Does this mean I won't be able to use a Guinness bottle label as a tax disc anymore?
Will the novelty for some drivers, on being able to have a completely clear windscreen mean they will discard all stickers, air fresheners and furry dice?

I wonder :)

Reaction score
A good link to remind people.
We got the official DVLA news bulletin with the updates for the Drivers CPC.
With ANPR all around these days it's easy to find out who has not paid!!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Will the novelty for some drivers, on being able to have a completely clear windscreen mean they will discard all stickers, air fresheners and furry dice?

I wonder :)

Not a chance. ;)

Better still would be to abolish the tax altogether and add it on to the price of petrol. Then ALL drivers will pay it and those that do the most miles will effectively pay more. Seems very fair to me. :)

Ask a Question