VBA Programming Enviornment & Intellipoint

Steve Welch

Wondering if anybody can provide an answer to this:

Some time ago, it appears that the Microsoft mouse using intellipoint
drivers "broke". That is, the programmers developing the Office VBA
programming enviornment apparently didn't bother to read the MS spec for the
wheel mouse and after a certain version of intellipoint, the wheel stopped
working in the VBA enviornment forcing programmers to rely on moving the
mouse pointer to the scroll bar and doing it manually.

I have not used MS intellipoint (been hard core Logitech - till now) for
quite some time, but due to ongoing issues at Logitech, am considering going
back to a MS keyboard/mouse combo.

Can anybody tell me if the wheel works as advertised (to include VBA
Programming Enviornment) now with MS intellipoint?

This issue, as well as the issue where intellipoint "broke" the screensaver
are the two that have kept me from using MS keyboard/mouse.

BTW, using Vista as well as XP Pro and Office 2003 on different machines.

TIA

Steve

Jon Peltier

My scroll wheel intellimouse worked fine on my old laptop, but on any
computer since then I've had to use VBScroll.

- Jon

Jim Cone

IntelliPoint version 4.12 (IP4_12EngALLMsi.exe) works for me using
Windows XP on Excel 97 thru Excel 2003.
Later versions are "improved" and don't work.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Steve Welch"