vb.net program in Win CE cause Exception 0xC0000005

Reaction score
Hi i created a simple vb.net smart device program and copied it to my device.
I ran the program and it gives me a Fatal Application Error with exception: 0xC0000005.

The wierd thing is that when i connect vs.net 2003 and the device with SDAuthUtilDevice (came with the vs.net 2003 compact add on 1.1 which allows one to debug their vb.net on the device with an ethernet connection)
the program runs fine. After this connection, i can just exit vs.net or even turn my computer off and the device will run my software perfect. Strange right? I think im missing some service or file that SDAuthUtilDevice installs during the connection process. But i dont know what it is.
please help me.

specs:

ce 4.2
compact framework 1.0 sp3
using vb.net 2003

Reaction score
Here are some more information that someone might need in order to help me

its a x86 device from advantech. 400mhz. connects using serial port with activesync

here is an update:
with the Windows CE .NET Utilities v1.1 for Visual Studio .NET 2003
came a program DelCryptoKeys.exe, which you run on the device itself.
After running this program. my vb.net program works like a charm. sooo wierd. the bad thing is the problem comes back every time i reset the device. i would have to run the DelCryptoKeys.exe program again and my vb.net program will work again. anyone please tell me what this DelCryptoKeys.exe program does.

Last edited:

Ask a Question