Fatal Error Launching Application too

Johann Hsu

I build "Hellow World" Application with vs.NET 2003
(vb.net) for ce.net 4.2 machine.
Compile is OK, Build is OK, But I run this application
in PDA(CE.NET 4.2)

I get this error

Fatal Application Error
Application executed wrong task.
If it is continued help for program provider.
Execption:0xC0000005
Address:03F89340

OS Of WinCe.Net Versio 4.2 Build 1088.
Processor is Centrality Comunications Inc., ARM-ATLAS

I did set the device type in Visual Studio to CE.NET.
I did set the windows ce cpu to ARMV4I
I upgraded .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2
I installed WinCEPB42-030630-2003Q2-ARMV4I in my PB

please help me ???

Brian Smith [MSFT]

Have you installed Windows CE QFE 030718? It may fix this problem. It can
be found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=40621723-492f-48bc-
95f2-d7629ec42fb6&DisplayLang=en

| From: "Johann Hsu" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Johann Hsu" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Fatal Error Launching Application too
| Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:55:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I build "Hellow World" Application with vs.NET 2003
| (vb.net) for ce.net 4.2 machine.
| Compile is OK, Build is OK, But I run this application
| in PDA(CE.NET 4.2)
|
| I get this error
|
| Fatal Application Error
| Application executed wrong task.
| If it is continued help for program provider.
| Execption:0xC0000005
| Address:03F89340
|
| OS Of WinCe.Net Versio 4.2 Build 1088.
| Processor is Centrality Comunications Inc., ARM-ATLAS
|
| I did set the device type in Visual Studio to CE.NET.
| I did set the windows ce cpu to ARMV4I
| I upgraded .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2
| I installed WinCEPB42-030630-2003Q2-ARMV4I in my PB
|
| please help me ???

Johann Hsu

Thanks Brian.
But "Hello world" Application still can't run in my new
platform.
I Installed Windows CE QFE 030718 in my PB,and built a
new platform.
I copy the Hello.exe in my platform and double click the
Application. It can't launch and No Error Message in PB.
please help me for this??

Johann Hsu

Thanks Brian.
But "Hello world" Application still can't run in my new
platform.
I Installed Windows CE QFE 030718 in my PB,and built a
new platform.
I copy the Hello.exe in my platform and double click the
Application. It can't launch and No Error Message in PB.
please help me for this??

Scott Corbin [MS]

Jahann,

Have you been able to get your application to launch successfully? I may
be able to help.

Scott

| From: "Johann Hsu" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Johann Hsu" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Fatal Error Launching Application too
| Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 03:09:17 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Thanks Brian.
| But "Hello world" Application still can't run in my new
| platform.
| I Installed Windows CE QFE 030718 in my PB,and built a
| new platform.
| I copy the Hello.exe in my platform and double click the
| Application. It can't launch and No Error Message in PB.
| please help me for this??

| >|
| >| I build "Hellow World" Application with vs.NET 2003
| >| (vb.net) for ce.net 4.2 machine.
| >| Compile is OK, Build is OK, But I run this application
| >| in PDA(CE.NET 4.2)
| >|
| >| I get this error
| >|
| >| Fatal Application Error
| >| Application executed wrong task.
| >| If it is continued help for program provider.
| >| Execption:0xC0000005
| >| Address:03F89340
| >|
| >| OS Of WinCe.Net Versio 4.2 Build 1088.
| >| Processor is Centrality Comunications Inc., ARM-ATLAS
| >|
| >| I did set the device type in Visual Studio to CE.NET.
| >| I did set the windows ce cpu to ARMV4I
| >| I upgraded .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2
| >| I installed WinCEPB42-030630-2003Q2-ARMV4I in my PB
| >|
| >| please help me ???
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >|

| >.

Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
here is an update:

with the Windows CE .NET Utilities v1.1 for Visual Studio .NET 2003

came a program DelCryptoKeys.exe, which you run on the device itself.

After running this program. my vb.net program works like a charm. sooo wierd. the bad thing is the problem comes back every time i reset the device. i would have to run the DelCryptoKeys.exe program again and my vb.net program will work again. anyone please tell me what this DelCryptoKeys.exe program does.