Various AGEIA Technologies Folders which I 'should not delete'

Reaction score
Hi guys

Wonder if anyone can help? For reasons I won't go into here, I discovered today a bunch of folders with a warning: "DO_NOT_MANUALLY_DELETE_THIS_FOLDER" as the title of a notepad file within the actual folder. Each folder (there are 23) is located here:

C:/Program Files/AGEIA Technologies/

and has a Version number in the form, for example, V2.3.1, 2.4.0, etc. The Versions run from V2.3.1 to 2.8.1; all were created on the same date and vary in size from 2.20Mb to 6.28Mb.

By the way, I'm running Windows XP SP3.

I was just wondering why there are so many versions (each with apparently identical contents) - can I safely delete the 'older' versions? (I hate having folders/files sitting there for no obvious reason!)

Thanks for any help which you can provide! All the best

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

If you are a games player, I would leave them alone, heck, even if you ain't I'd still leave 'em there.

They are supposed to coincide with your "compatible" graphics card to insure you get the right "driver" for the occasion.

You may even find nVidia installed them with one of their bulk drivers, but usually it is a "game" you installed that did so.

:user:

Ask a Question